Sunday, October 14, 2007

but it's rat's poo!

"Why are you eating rat's poos?!"

would be the question posed to myself ...if i didn't know what the hell i was goobling up.

i'm talking about 'Pil 'Chi-Kit' Teck Aun' that my uncle (the provider of the 3G Broadband device i am using) bought by the dozens. It is not funny when you're in a house with the current occupancy rate of more and less 30 people, and majority of them have severe stomachache and theres only one, uno, single toilet. saying "emergency!" does not guarantee a privileged spot in the queue because nearly everyone is having their 'emergencies'. So comes the Rat's Poo pills.

i don't know why they make it look like rat's poos and expect people not to have reservations in swallowing them. i have no problems swallowing pills ( i have problems with the syrupy types medicines), but for this, suffice to say it was in my mouth moving around a bit longer than usual before i could make every single 2 mm in diameters of the 20-30 pills go down my throat. Not only they look like rat poos, there were many many rat poos.

why can't they make them look much more attractive? buat la bentuk bunga ke, bentuk cam binatang-binatang ke? remember those animal shaped vitamins we used or maybe some of us still take?

"today i want to eat tiger!"
"today i want to be a giraffe, so let me eat a giraffe!"

but no, they made it look like rat's poos.

However, every cloud has its silver lining.

I am left alone at the house while everyone, EVERYONE else is at my uncle's house farfar away beraya-ing. I had the option not to go because i don't want to cry "emergency!" every 30mins or so during the journey and the possibilities of 'doing the big one' at a stranger's toilet is not attractive to the bowels. Not that my uncle is a stranger, but his toilet is. I'm not acquainted with his toilet, so that just won't do.

Not complaining.

I am left alone with the Astro's remote and a laptop with 3G Broadband access. :)

As I type this, I am quietly sitting at the outside dining/lounge area, enjoying the view of the river a mere 3 meters away, the soft breeze passing by signalling the coming of rain and cup of hot tea by my side.

Bliss.

The only thing missing is shisha. haha

This has been one of the most significant and meaningful Raya celebrated. Next year will be a different one for sure.

To my friends during the bad times, thank you for being there for me, if not physically, certainly within your thoughts and good wishes. Maaf Zahir dan Batin for the times i have hurt you with my ways and words that were unintentionally said and done. Forgive me for my selfish behaviours that i have shown, especially when i needed attention during that certain period in my life.

InsyaAllah there will be no more of that.

InsyaAllah there will be no more rat's poo to eat too. but i rather doubt that last one.

7 comments:

Munira Mustaffa said...

Omigod! You dah pindah sini! Hahahaha good. Friendster blog sucks :)

Selamat hari raya!

Munira Mustaffa said...

Oh another thing, I remember my mum once remarked that pil Chi-Kit Teck Aun has been around for as long as she could remember. She said that they had this really killer radio advert for the pil. I think I heard it once. It's pretty funny, even though it wasn't intended to be.

Anonymous said...

You'e got a few choices next Raya. 1) Balik kampung pre-warned and prepared. Bawa balik ubat sakit perut. 2) Don't eat anything that might possibly do damage to your tummy 3) Contribute to the addition of another toilet (or two!!).

I too took those pills/herbal concoction/taik tikus for the first time ever in my life. Surprisingly, it worked!!!

Mummylicious said...

munira: haha pindah pindah!. long time coming. if you notice, ive been a member of blogger for quite a while back.

you think we can get the ad of rat's poo on youtube? hmmm

aunty i: why do i have a feeling that you really my aunt.

the dangers of accessing you blog using others laptop. being discovered. haha

good advises. a bit too late.

Queen Of The House said...

Haha ... I've got you bookmarked. Too late! And it's Aunty L lah. So I'm your aunt, you think? Hee hee. My blog got discovered too when I used you-know-who's laptop, or was it the Blackberry???

Munira Mustaffa said...

I heard the ad on the radio awhile back. And it's not even the popular mainstream channels that us young 'uns listen to. I think you need to tune in to the "classic" channels to get it. My dad likes to pasang Rima, I think that was where I heard it first.

Just as Aunty described above, even my mum said that "rat poo pill" works wonders.

tank said...

sounds like fun in aloq staq. too bad cudnt be there coz 1st year raya, obviously my place la! (heheh..)

heheh..leave a trail on others notebook, and thou shalt be found.

and, me thinks that taik tikus/cicak pill really works la...