Saturday, February 16, 2008

A beautiful One

I was browsing some blogs when i found this little jewel. Reminded me to do "certain" things more often.

I wish more people would tell stories like this instead of shoving "you will burn in hell! smell your own flesh burning and feel the pain from the evil of your doing in this worldly world!" down your throat when they think you're not the kind that pray, don't know how to read the Quran, commit adultery everyday, every second, drinks alcohol by the buckets and don't believe in God. and then they say they are not judgmental and men (and women) of faith. Mind you, these people dont know you, never seen you in clubs but somehow KNOW you are one of "those kind yang telah tersesat jalan". And they preach the fiery hell story and other bad things that will happen to those that follow that path.

I do know the fiery hell story but i also believe that my faith is mostly about peace, sincerity and love. and to love your faith is not through fear, but through love itself.

Cliche. i know. ah well. i rather be brought back to the right path through stories of love and compassion than something that makes me more afraid to think about, much less to believe in.

A Beautiful Hadith

Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) said: 'When a man dies and his relatives are busy in funeral, there stands an extremely handsome man by his head. When the dead body is shrouded, that man gets in between the shroud and the chest of the deceased.

When after the burial, the people return home, 2 angels, Munkar and Nakeer (names of two special Angels), come in the grave and try to separate this handsome man so that they may be able to interrogate the dead man in privacy about his faith. But the handsome man says, 'He is my companion, he is my friend. I will not leave him alone in any case. If you are
appointed for interrogation, do your job. I cannot leave him until I get him admitted into Paradise '.

Thereafter he turns to his dead companion and says, 'I am the Qur'an, which you used to read, sometimes in a loud voice and sometimes in a low voice. Do not worry. After the interrogation of Munkar and Naker, you will have nogrief.'

When the interrogation is over, the handsome man arranges for him from Al-Mala'ul A'laa (the angels in Heaven) silk bedding filled with musk.

Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) said: 'On the Day of Judgement, before Allah, no other Intercessor will have a greater status than the Qur'an, neither a Prophet nor an angel.'

Please keep forwarding this 'Hadith' to all ....because Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) said:

'Pass on knowledge from me even if it is only one verse'.

May Allah bestow this favour on all of us.

AMEEN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. Ohhh boy, I know those people you talk of so well. I just choose to ignore them, but sometimes just for fun, I'd purposely do something outrageous in their faces just to get their tight panties/briefs in a bunch. Of course the outcome won't be good for me, but then again... the way I see it, umpatan won't affect me as long as I won't let them, right? It's so weird that these so-called orang alim are the ones who mengumpat more than most. I thought it's one of those things that's dilarang dalam agama.

I remember one ep of Little Mosque On The Prairie when someone tried to bitch about this person's misdeed to Ammar the town's imam, and he quickly cut off the person by reprimanding sharply: "Gossip is a sin." Bravo!

To quote Bones, who is happily a free-spirited agnostic: "Why can't we just be satisfied that if I'm wrong, I'll just burn in hell?"

Mummylicious said...

hahahaha i like what bones said. nicely quoted gal!