Sunday, December 30, 2007

Where oh Where

I'm in a dilemma.

Certain things you value are kept in safe keeping.
The problem with me is, it is kept so safe that i can't find them anymore! Even after searching through all the usual spots. Hmmm

This is a conundrum indeed. How do you look for something that you yourself have hidden and can't remember where?

Tanya pada laci, nampakkah CD-cd ku,
nanti laci jawap, awak letak di meja
tanya sama meja, mana cd ku,
nanti meja jawap, mana aku tahu

Sigh...

Here's the actual lyrics to the song i've been singing ridiculously while looking for my stuff.

"Tanya pada pokok, apa sebab goyang
nanti jawab pokok angin yang goncang
tanya sama langit, apa sebab hujan
nanti jawab langit, tanya lah awan

Awan nanti kata, aku kandung air
sampai tempat sejuk, aku pun cair
tengok dalam air, nampak bayang-bayang
campak satu batu, bayang pun hilang

Tanya sama hati, apa asal sayang
apakah tandanya nampak di pandang
kumbang rayu bunga
bulan dan bintangnya
punya tanda-tanda hubungan mesra

Tanya sama hati
pernahkah merindu
ingat masa lena apa mimpimu
masa berjauhan
apa nan dikenang
bila difahamkan itulah sayang

Jikalau tidak kerana sayang
kuntuman kasih tak mungkin kembang
andainya jemu mengganti rindu
jambangan mesra tentulah layu

Tanya sama hati
pernahkah merindu
ingat masa lena apa mimpimu
masa berjauhan
apa nan dikenang
bila difahamkan itulah sayang
itulah sayang..."

P Ramlee and Normadiah




While searching for the video for this, i finally found my favourite song by P Ramlee that i have been searching for ages, "Tunggu Sekejap" in Sarjan Hassan. This song have been in my favourite lovesong playlist since i don't know when, but it has always been in my mind since i can remember. Only recently i know it was from P Ramlee and the movie Sarjan Hassan. Youtube video doesn't feature the scene that i remembered, heck. i remembered a girl singing it from the windowsill of her wooden house and as she sings, the scene shifted from her being a young girl into a young lady, singing the same song but with a different tune. How am i to know it was from a P Ramlee movie if i only remembered the girl.

If you are well acquainted with me, i am sure there are times when someone is about the leave i would suddenly belt "Jangaaannn pulangggg, jangan tinggalkan daku sorang, tungguuuuu sekejappp" out. I blame the song that won't leave my head, EVER.

If only i could remember the location of my safe keeping spot as well as the Sarjan Hassan scene.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Tunggu Sekejap"? I have the mp3, if I'm not mistaken. I have a few .mp3 of P. Ramlee songs.

Mummylicious said...

me wantttt email me email me