Tuesday, December 11, 2007

1 out of 3 to pure happiness


I.am.officially.not.single.seriously? seriously!?!
oh!my!God!

I've been a busy bee last week but the highlight of the week have a lot to do with this ring.
The merisik is done, two more steps to go before I am 100% his! I am pre-booked! yay!!

but as my mom said to me after his parents left, "dah, jangan cari boyfriend lain dah". dangit!

Ever since Lingling asked my dad if it would be okay for his parents to come over my house to meet my parents, my parents have been on the edge.

I was watching Fred Claus on friday, after i came back from Langkawi. While i was watching the movie, "dingdong!" softly came the sound of a doorbell, and promptly after, my mother's head poked out of her room,

"what was that?" she asked and she paused, looked at our blank faces for answers. Then her body followed her head out,

"i heard doorbell. was that the doorbell? sapa datang?", pause again, like a predator sniffing the air to pinpoint their prey, then she shuffled her way downstairs, all the while looking confused and asking "sapa tuuuu, sapa tuuuu".

She came back up and shuffled her way back into her bedroom, all the while muttering "i thought i heard doorbell...hmmm".

My sister and i shrug it off and continued watching the movie.

"Dingdong!" slightly louder then before.

This time i know where it came from. and i waited. and i waited. "hmm maybe she didnt hear it this time"

10 seconds passed.

OUT came the head poking out from her bedroom door!

"Ha! there it is again!", she said while looking at us excitedly.

"Dengar tak?" she asked while she shuffled her body out and stood in the family hall with her right ear turned upward, waiting for Godknowswhat but i think for a sound, any sound. She stood there listening for a few seconds before she move to stand near the stairs, looking down at the main entrance, "takda apa pun. iskh".

My sister and I were trying not to laugh. She saw our faces, and she smiled, "takda eh? no doorbell eh?" and she walked back into her room. We didn't have the heart to tell her that the sound came from the movie. it was a movie doorbells.

Ah well...parents anxiety and all is over. FOR NOW!



Two more steps baby, two more momentous steps, and lots and lots more panic, anxiety and jumpingjumping of excitement and nervousness to come.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol!

Anyway congrats on the merisik part.

Anonymous said...

Actually, it was my phone........

Anonymous said...

Wat?!

i'm happy for u but what?! hmmm, i think it's time for pancakes...

Mummylicious said...

i know! i need pancakes!

tank said...

tahniah lah! btw, dun call me tank la.. no one in the family calls me by that name...klakar la..hehe

Cik Puan Bidadari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cik Puan Bidadari said...

how come i never tried your pancakes?? or any other dishes for that matter? hmmm... :-) i'm happy for you, dear! can't wait to meet the fiance-to-be...maybe we (with abang fitri, tentunya!) could meetup with fairul, my bro and your bro...of course with their respective partners..(macam zaman dulu, cousins get-together kat uptown..hahah)..xxxooo, kak anne.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Two more rounds of panic! Your dad dah pening kepala, your mom is in super planning mode (dah suruh buat 4 pasang baju and I asked ... boleh sponsor? hahah since she said you want colour-coordinated attire) ...
now you kena "duduk" baik-baik, and maybe, belajar masak???/

Mummylicious said...

abang fitri...it was a joke :P

kak anne..he reminded me, you met him! many many moons ago at sushiking ampang jaya!


+ we meant our pancake brunch at that pancake heaven shop :P though i do make mean pancakes. (yes they taste good and actually look like pancakes in pancakes promotional photos!). well i used too. which remind me. i owe my pancakes to a LOT of people.

aunty line...its not like i didnt warn them it was coming!

as for the super planning mode. its my mom. she called her fren about the cupcakes, THEN she called you about the cupcakes. SUPER planning with backup. enough said.